Dating Ideas from Project 52 – Date Nights
Are you reaching for ideas on how to date each other as husband and wife, and yet you’re finding one challenge after another is holding you back? Perhaps some of them are:
- Your budget is tight and you don’t have a lot of money to spend…
- You have busy schedules and don’t have a lot of time to commit to each other in this way…
- You need fresh ideas as to what you can do together…
If any of these reasons sound familiar and fit the bill, then we’ve found some great ideas for you!
The following is a link to a 4 minute video clip of a television interview that gives you an explanation that could help you in your quest to solve all of the above problems. We will then follow it with a link to the web site that came up with the original idea and a further explanation (along with a contract you can download and sign, if you desire), and then we’ll follow it by a link to some great date night ideas.
So first, the 4 minute video clip that you can watch to explain what is involved:
And then the following is a link to a the web site called “Simply Modern Mom,” that came up with the ideas for this project. And yes, even if you’re a man and/or you don’t have children, you’ll find great ideas on this page of the web site, for you as well. This isn’t a “chick” thing; it’s an idea center waiting to help you and your spouse better connect with each other —ideas that can help keep the spark in your relationship (or put it back into it, if that is where you’re at).
Just click onto the link below to read about this project and possibly download the contract they came up with, that you can use:
And then there are the ideas that you need to be able to use in your marriage. The following is a link to the first 3, of many ideas, to explore and possibly use for your own date nights. After reading the first 3, you’ll see arrows at the bottom of the page to take you to “Newer Posts” and more ideas.
— ALSO —
Here’s an idea that may be able to work for some of you that came to us through the Romantic Vineyard E-zine we receive each week:
“When was the last time you planned some spontaneous fun together? Can’t remember? It may be time to give it some thought and enjoy the ‘wife of your youth!’
“Go on a MYSTERY DATE: You literally have no idea where you’ll end up.
- Decide ahead of time: Heads = right; Tails = left. And then choose a number between 1 and 5. Keep this number and right or left in your mind. (You’ll need it in step #4.)
- At every intersection flip a coin to see which way to turn. Do this 5-10 times.
- Decide ahead of time how many times you’ll flip.
- After the final toss – take the number you selected in Step #1 count the number of restaurants you pass, and whether you flipped right or left. When you get to your number on that side of the street – STOP. This is where you’re to eat. You could make it a meal, an appetizer or dessert.
- If the place is unacceptable you can always take a mulligan. How do you take a mulligan, you ask? You have to buy one of course, by removing one piece of clothing! So there you have it. We think this is a date you’ll both “flip over.”
“Note: The mulligan part, we made up ourselves to add a few more options that are fun! If you take too many mulligan’s you may not care to eat out!”
So there you have it. What do you think? Do you have some additional ideas and romantic tips that could be used for date nights that you could share with those who visit this web site? If so, please “Join the Discussion” by adding your comments below.