Specific Marriage Advice
- Cindy Wright – January 31, 2013
At Marriage Missions, we don’t consider ourselves the marriage experts —the Holy Spirit is. And the way He has been leading this ministry is for us to be a catalyst to point people to good marriage advice. We work very hard to guide readers to the great marital advice the Holy Spirit (our “Wonderful Counselor”) brings our way (whether He give us the insight and/or others). It’s all His to give.
So, when I came across a blog, written by Sheila Wray Gregoire (who I highly respect because of her “passion” to help marriages), and saw her “Round Up of Answers to Difficult Marriage Questions,” I knew that we needed to share them with you.
Many of these articles and blogs, written by Sheila, center around sexual questions and topics, but others are general in nature. Please look through them and see if any of them are ones that you would be interested in reading (plus the comments below them).
I/we hope they help. We will keep looking for “the best of” marital advice that is out there to help you. If it lines up scripturally and gives wise insights, we’ll pass them along to you. Pray, read, and glean through the advice… using what you can apply in your marriage (or can pass onto others).
On Sheila’s web site, please look through the following:
• The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge; the ears of the wise seek it out (Proverbs 18:15).
• Let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance (Proverbs 1:5).
• How blessed is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding. For its profit is better than the profit of silver, and its gain than fine gold. She is more precious than jewels; and nothing you desire compares with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, and happy are all who hold her fast. The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding He established the heavens (Proverbs 3:13-19).
• By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches. A wise man has great power, and a man of knowledge increases strength (Proverbs 24:3-5 NIV).